Monday, November 28, 2011

my very first christmas advent calendar!


In the Christmas spirit I have to share this divine matchbox advent calendar from Draw Pilgrim.  She's done all the hard work, all you have to do is print and put it together.

I have cheated a little and bought ready made craft matchboxes (so that i could just glue the images straight onto the boxes) but Pilgrim's kit allows you to make your own matchboxes; an awesome idea, I just worried for time and the boys catching me make them!

What I like about the design for this calendar is that it's miniature. perfect for 3 and 5 years olds. I can fill each box with only little treats and notes (4x jellybeans, a mini chocolate bar, m+m's, cute shape rubbers, lego figurine in a couple, an extra book at bedtime etc) so that it's more about the excitement of the countdown and being excited when its their turn.... or so im hoping! 

I have really enjoyed making them, the colours and designs are so retro and fun.... mmmm maybe they are more for me than the kids! xx

No comments: